Selecting a Solution
When do I select Greenjacket and When do I select Reliaguard?
When you are assessing the best solution for Wildlife Mitigation on Distribution equipment, we can help you make the decision.
Hubbell’s Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit is the industry expert in helping customers understand the best solution for their risk tolerance.
We have field linemen and design experts and evaluate each substation, each piece of equipment and measure the risk against a customer’s risk tolerance.
It is our job to educate customers on what risk really means.
Greenjacket is used in substations. Reliaguard is predominantly used on the powerline.
Greenjacket Substation at a Glance
- IEEE 1656 – meets specific test criteria
- Precise-Fit…Can fit any type of equipment, configuration or unique connection
- Over 1500+ molds for product parts
- 95% reduction of all wildlife caused outages over a 10 Year Period at Berkshire Hathaway owned AltaLink – Case Study Available
- Evaluate Station Risk – high outage history, critical station status
Reliaguard for Distribution
- Proprietary Formulations
- UV Stable
- Flame Retardant(UL 94 V0) – Won’t burn or drip
- Track Resistant – 1000 hrs. Energized Salt Fog
- Installation Friendly Designs
- RUS Approved
- Meet specific test criteria of IEEE 1656 Guide