Assessing Your Risk
Wildlife guards protect critical equipment and prevent animal and bird caused outages that occur due to contact with energized risk points.
Greenjacket for Substations
Reliaguard for Distribution
Approximately 20% of all power outages are caused by wildlife
Reliatanium and Greenjacket
- Proprietary Formulations
- UV Stable
- Flame Retardant(UL 94 V0) – Won’t burn or drip
- Track Resistant – 1000 hrs. Energized Salt Fog
- Installation Friendly Designs
- RUS Approved
- Meet specific test criteria of IEEE 1656 Guide
When do we recommend Greenjacket?
When do we recommend Reliaguard?
How to measure RISK
These key questions will help us assess the customer risk tolerance and help us make the right solution and pricing recommendation
- What is the history and risk of outages in the station?
- What is the species causing the risk and what are the equipment clearances (wingspans or animal reach make a difference when evaluating equipment clearances)?
- What is the customer tolerance of risk in that station – does it feed an airport, a manufacturing plant, a hospital, a nuclear station, a dense population area or another critical customer?
- What is the customer’s cost consideration versus risk tolerance?